Haines Brewing Company, Inc., established June 21, 1999
owned and operated by Paul Wheeler & Jeanne Kitayama
~ Welcome to our website ~
For years friends trekked across tide flats and through coastal forests to our home, for the taste of Paul’s fine brews. Then with the encouragement of local folks, and growing from those homebrew recipes, we took the leap to open the brewery. Starting off with dairy tanks from the midwest for fermenters, we scrubbed off the old butter and Paul started brewing. We grew quickly, exchanged the dairy tanks for closed fermenters, and now regional demand is more than Paul can supply. All our beers use no filtering or pasteurizing to produce one of Alaska’s finest hand-crafted beers.
After 16 years in our location at the Southeast Alaska State Fairgrounds in Haines Alaska – we moved to Main Street September 14, 2015. From a tasting room capacity of 12 people, we can now serve 49 people indoors with room for more in the outdoor beer garden. We’ve added a couple more brite tanks, and have expanded to a 7bbl brewhouse.
Fresh seasonal and flagship brews are on tap, and during the right season we also offer vintage ales to savor in snifter glasses. Alaska brewery laws allow patrons to consume 36 oz/person/day on premise, and purchase beer to go by the liter or half gallon growler.
Haines Brewing Company is a proud supporter of the Great Alaska Craft Beer Festival held every year in Haines.
- Best Breweries in Southeast Alaska
- Daydream on about road trips in your future
- Local radio, local brews, KHNS public radio is a vibrant part of our lives
- 25 Best Alaska Breweries
- Reindeer Grains: Brewery Finds Use for Spent Grain
- Hidden Gems and Wonderful Things to do in Alaska
- A Guide to Craft Beer in Alaska, ROL
- Overland Alaska: Haines and the Haines Highway
- Drinking Local in One of Earth’s Most Remote Places: Alaska
- Great Alaskan Getaway Guide, 2017
- Why Southeast Alaska Might Be America’s Most Interesting Food Scene, in Vogue, Oct 12, 2016
- 10 of Alaska’s Best Craft Breweries and Distilleries in Paste Magazine, Sept. 30, 2016
- Tiny town of Haines, Alaska offers suds, not tourist duds in Toronto Metro, Aug. 25, 2016
- Beer in The Alaskan Frontier: Haines Brewing Co. by The Beer Chicks, Oct 22